https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Wednesday 30 December 2015

The Masquerade Ball

Hi guys, just a quick post as I had a couple of days in between Christmas and New Year when hubby was working, so a perfect time to craft!!!! lol
I had this mad idea to make a mask for some strange reason as I am not doing anything for New Year as again hubby is working, but I don't know about you if I get an idea in my head it doesn't like going away, he he

Of course taking a photo of it was difficult too, so please excuse the stand!!!!
I got the mask design off the Silhouette site and even though I hadn't really any perfect papers for it either, here it is, 
The mask has a flourish stamp by Indigoblu stamped on one corner then I added a few micro beads onto the top here and there,
I used some feathers and a large flower from my stash and painted a damask straw with my black copic pen for the wand,

I added some black gems and crystal ones too onto the mask here and there,
 and the extra  top section has mega flakes on,
On the other side i used some ribbon (hanging ties) cut from a new piece of clothing, so it even has recycling too, lol

Challenges
Frilly and Funky - Holiday Hues
Indigoblu - All that sparkles
The mixed media - Silver and gold

Deep ocean - Anything goes


I wish you all a Very Happy New Year, with lots of happy crafting too,

Hugs Liz xx

11 comments:

Pamellia said...

Wow, this is just amazing Liz!! What a spectacular idea and your colours are so wonderful! Love the contrast, it's perfect for the occasion! While I'm here I will say thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie for our "Holiday Hues" challenge, and I will also say I hope you had a wonderful Christmas, and I'm sending cheers for a Happy New Year! hugs :)

Carol S. said...

Fab mask! Fantastic design and the detail is beautiful. Have a Happy New Year, hugs, Carol S.xx

Gina's Cards said...

OMG what an amazing mask!! I don't how you do it Liz!
Hugs
Gina xx

Rachel said...

what a FUN project!! i hope you put it to good use for new years :) Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge! Happy New Year!

-Rachel
rwkrafts.com

Creative Makings said...

A fabulous project what a shame you didn't get to go out New Year to wear it, I imagine you had good fun making it though.
Thanks so much for sharing with us at the indigoblu challenge

Unknown said...

Wonderful mask, perfect for Mardi Gras! Thank You for joining in the IndigoBlu Challenge! x

Nancy Dynes said...

Hi Liz!
It is such a treat to stop by and have a closer look at your gorgeous mask! What and absolutely inspired and fun project with so many chic details. Thank you so much for sharing your art with us at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge!
Hugs,
Nancy

Gio said...

Such an amazing piece! Thank you for joining in the IndigoBlu Challenge :-)

rachel said...

such a fun and fab project - great use of the flakes - super sparkly! thanks for joining the Indigo Blu challenge! Hugs rachel xx

Maxine Jones said...

Hi Liz, and wow! Such a different project, I love it!!!! The Mega Flake makes it look even more amazing! Good luck and thanks for taking part!
Maxine

julie said...

wow what a gorgeous mask ,thank you for entering the indigoblu challenge xxx